當因神所造的永遠歡喜快樂(賽65章)

看哪、我造新天新地、從前的事不再被記念、也不再追想。你們當因我所造的永遠歡喜快樂.因我造耶路撒冷為人所喜、造其中的居民為人所樂。(賽 65:17-18)

讀到本章,不禁讓人深思:我總是因何事歡喜快樂?我真的快樂嗎?

本章進入以賽亞書的倒數第二章,提到神所要造的新天新地,其實就是指已經完全的真教會。今天的教會仍有成長的空間,還不是那麼完全,因惡人尚未除盡。但是總有一天,在接近主來之前,真教會要完全,惡人要被神所除盡,這時就是這裡所說的新天新地,也是啟示錄最後兩章所說的聖城新耶路撒冷。

那時還在真教會中沒有離棄主耶穌基督的,都要因主歡喜快樂。

這段經文想起保羅說的話,他就是因基督歡喜快樂:「就熱心說、我是逼迫教會的.就律法上的義說、我是無可指摘的。只是我先前以為與我有益的、我現在因基督都當作有損的。不但如此、我也將萬事當作有損的、因我以認識我主基督耶穌為至寶。我為他已經丟棄萬事、看作糞土、為要得着基督.」(腓 3:6-8)

保羅以基督為樂,就像以賽亞書這裡所說的:你們當因我所造的永遠歡喜快樂.因我造耶路撒冷為人所喜、造其中的居民為人所樂。」樂主所樂!

想起自己退休後曾一度覺得失落,因為原本設定的人生目標已經永遠無法成就。因此在退休後曾經也買了一些能使自己有成就感的物品,但似乎沒那麼快樂。直到今天,發現真的能使我有源源不絕的歡喜快樂,竟是來自每日讀聖經、寫下讀經心得。而且神竟也因此天天賜福、一無所缺,就如神在本章親自說的:

所以主耶和華如此說:「我的僕人必得喫、你們卻飢餓.我的僕人必得喝、你們卻乾渴.我的僕人必歡喜、你們卻蒙羞.我的僕人因心中高興歡呼、你們卻因心中憂愁哀哭、又因心裏憂傷哀號。」(賽 65:13-14)。

這是在說人生到底是要飽足或飢餓?是主的僕人就飽足;到底要喝足或乾渴?是主的僕人就必喝足;是歡喜或是蒙羞?是主的僕人就天天歡喜;要高興歡呼還是常常心中憂愁哀哭、哀嚎?是主的僕人就可以常常高興歡呼。

當我開始認真過主的僕人的生活,神是信實的,祂真的說話算話,祂從不說謊,因此我退休後即使要為主東奔西跑,生活似乎沒什麼休閒,但是生活滿足、吃飽喝足、歡喜快樂、甚至可以高興歡呼!這樣的生活,就只是從每日讀經開始,慎重神所說過的每一句話,仔細咀嚼,並藉由神所賜的快手筆,將祂福音的奧秘化作筆下的萬千,彈指之間按時分糧,造就海內外各教會。

他們要建造房屋、自己居住.栽種葡萄園、喫其中的果子.他們建造的、別人不得住.他們栽種的、別人不得喫.因為我民的日子必像樹木的日子、我選民親手勞碌得來的必長久享用.他們必不徒然勞碌、所生產的、也不遭災害.因為都是蒙耶和華賜福的後裔、他們的子孫也是如此。(賽 65:21-23)

這是在說那些甘心做主僕的人,「他們必不徒然勞碌」,做工因主同在所以都有果效,且沒有人可以奪去他們的賞賜,因此能過著如此快樂,何等幸福的人生!甚至神還應許:他們尚未求告、我就應允.正說話的時候、我就垂聽。(賽 65:24)。正如同主耶穌說的,先求神國神義,神就要將一切所需的加給祂所喜悅的人。

所以,你真的快樂嗎?我很忙,但我很快樂!

這都是外邦人所求的.你們需用的這一切東西、你們的天父是知道的。你們要先求他的國、和他的義.這些東西都要加給你們了。(太 6:32-33)

By Isaiah Kao

Be Glad and Rejoice Forever in What God Create (Isaiah 65)

June 26, 2026


"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem as a joy and her people as a delight." (Isaiah 65:17–18, NASB 2020)


As I read this chapter, I cannot help but ask myself: What do I truly rejoice in? Am I really happy?


This is the second-to-last chapter of Isaiah. It speaks of the new heavens and new earth that God will create. This refers to the perfected True Church. Today, the church is still growing and has not yet reached rightness, because the wicked have not all been removed. But the day will come, just before the Lord returns, when the True Church will be made complete and the wicked will be removed by God. This is the new heavens and new earth spoken of here, and it is also the holy city, New Jerusalem, described in the last two chapters of Revelation.


At that time, all who remain faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ within the True Church will rejoice in Him.


This passage reminds me of what Paul said. His joy was found in Christ:

"As to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless. But whatever things were gain to me, these things I have counted as loss because of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them mere rubbish, so that I may gain Christ." (Philippians 3:6–8, NASB 2020)


Paul delighted in Christ, just as Isaiah says here:

"But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem as a joy and her people as a delight." We rejoice in what delights the Lord.


After I retired, once felt lost, because the life goals I had once set could never be fulfilled. During that time, I even bought a few things hoping they would give me a sense of achievement, but they did not bring lasting joy. Only later did I discover that the source of my unending joy is simply reading the Bible every day and writing down what I learn from it. God has also faithfully blessed me day after day, so that I lack nothing, just as He declares in this chapter:


"Therefore this is what the Lord GOD says: 'Behold, My servants will eat, but you will be hungry. Behold, My servants will drink, but you will be thirsty. Behold, My servants will rejoice, but you will be put to shame. Behold, My servants will shout joyfully with a glad heart, but you will cry out with a heavy heart, and you will wail with a broken spirit.'" (Isaiah 65:13–14, NASB 2020)


These verses ask us a simple question: Do you want to be satisfied or hungry? God's servants will be satisfied. Do you want to drink fully or remain thirsty? God's servants will drink. Do you want joy or shame? God's servants will rejoice every day. Do you want to sing for joy or live with sorrow, weeping, and despair? God's servants may continually shout for joy with glad hearts.


When I began to take seriously the life of being the Lord's servant, I found that God is faithful. He always keeps His word and never lies. Even though retirement has often required me to travel here and there for the Lord, leaving little time for leisure, my life has become full and satisfying. I have enough to eat and drink, and my heart is filled with joy and gladness.

All of this began with one simple habit—reading the Bible every day, treating every word God has spoken with reverence, carefully meditating on it, and, through the ready pen He has given me, turning the mysteries of His gospel into written words. In this way, I am able to provide spiritual nourishment at the proper time for churches both near and far.


"They will build houses and inhabit them; they will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They will not build and someone else inhabit, they will not plant and someone else eat; for as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people, and My chosen ones will fully enjoy the work of their hands. They will not labor in vain, nor give birth for disaster; because they are the descendants of those blessed by the LORD, and their offspring with them." (Isaiah 65:21–23, NASB 2020)


This is God's promise to those who willingly serve Him: "They will not labor in vain." Because the Lord is with them, their work bears fruit, and no one can take away their reward. Such a life is truly joyful and blessed. God also gives this wonderful promise: "And it will come to pass that before they call, I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will listen." (Isaiah 65:24, NASB 2020) This is exactly what the Lord Jesus taught: when we seek first God's kingdom and His righteousness, He will provide everything His beloved people need.


So, are you truly happy? I am very busy, but I am very happy!


"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided to you." (Matthew 6:32–33, NASB 2020)


By Isaiah Kao

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

關於「可拉後裔」的省思(詩42篇)

申命記最終章-被神所面對面認識的摩西(申34章)

誰正坐下飲酒?是誰正在慌亂?(斯3章)