讓神願意超乎萬有來掛心看顧的人(賽66章)
耶和華說:「這一切都是我手所造的、所以就都有了.但我所看顧的就是虛心痛悔因我話而戰兢的人。」〔虛心原文作貧窮〕(賽 66:2)
本章是以賽亞書最後一章,若將以賽亞書視為「小聖經」的觀點來看,本章正如聖經的最後一卷「啟示錄」一樣,因為最後一節特別提到:
他們必出去觀看那些違背我人的屍首.因為他們的蟲是不死的、他們的火是不滅的.凡有血氣的、都必憎惡他們。(賽 66:24)
這是指所有違背天父真神的人,將來的分就是地獄的永刑:「因為他們的蟲是不死的、他們的火是不滅的.」
在這最後一章中,神宣告世界必要結束,祂將要來審判萬民。祂也說明天地萬物的一切都是祂所造,祂是如此之富足,即使愛祂的人想要為祂建造聖殿以報答於萬一,祂也明白地說明無論如何地建造,沒有任何聖殿可以容下祂。這也說明祂是獨立行事的神,雖然我們這些愛祂的人口口聲聲說要為神工作,其實無論我們如何付出,也都不能在祂身上增加甚麼。這段經文中,在祂的字裡行間也在暗示,其實祂要的不是這些。
神的無窮大能創造這個宇宙,但這卻不是祂最得意的地方。真的讓祂所最喜悅的,是那一些「虛心痛悔因我話而戰兢的人」。原來,真正的愛神,並不是去建造超級建築物來成為聖殿敬拜祂。祂真正想要的,是創造出合祂心意的人。
可見人若不仔細讀經,總是會憑感覺做自認為愛主的事奉,但所精心設計的事奉,並非祂真正所喜悅的,甚至這樣自以為是的事奉,反而令祂作嘔:
假冒為善的宰牛好像殺人.獻羊羔好像打折狗項.獻供物好像獻豬血.燒乳香好像稱頌偶像。這等人揀選自己的道路、心裏喜悅行可憎惡的事.(賽 66:3)
今天難免會看見這樣的事工人員,好像很認真,卻不讀經、不照聖經真理中神已明說的原則。結果在神眼中,這些「假冒為善」的人,宰牛好像殺人、獻羊羔好像打折狗頸項、獻供物好像獻豬血、燒乳香好像稱頌偶像。如此的事奉,怎能得神喜悅?
記得我還是學校老師的時候,曾經遇到一位學生來找我討分數。因她的作業我給了A,她覺得不夠高,應該要A+。我告訴她,妳寫得不錯,但是我明明有規定書寫格式,妳偏偏不按照我規定的格式來書寫,給妳A已經不錯了。她說:「可是我覺得我真的寫得不錯,我應該要A+才是。」我說:「妳搞不清楚狀況喔,是妳在打分數還是我?離開!」因為這位學生是全校第一名,甚麼都要爭第一,甚麼都斤斤計較,卻總是自以為是、驕傲自大,不按規定而行。
這裡說神所創造的一切中,最喜歡的只有一件:「但我所看顧的就是虛心痛悔因我話而戰兢的人。」〔虛心原文作貧窮〕。因此,今天讀經讀到這段經文的我當自我反省:我是那位在神面前常常虛心、願意為自己的過犯痛悔的人嗎?我願意因聖經神的話時時戰兢儆醒嗎?而且這樣的人,神如此應許:
耶和華如此說:「我要使平安延及他、好像江河、使列國的榮耀延及他、如同漲溢的河、你們要從中享受.〔原文作咂〕你們必蒙抱在肋旁、搖弄在膝上。母親怎樣安慰兒子、我就照樣安慰你們.你們也必因〔或作在〕耶路撒冷得安慰。」(賽 66:12-13)
By Isaiah Kao
The Person Whom God Is Willing to Watch Over Above All Things (Isaiah 66)
June 27, 2026
"For My hand made all these things, so all these things came into being," declares the LORD. "But to this one I will look: to him who is humble and contrite in spirit, and who trembles at My word." (Isaiah 66:2, NASB 2020)
This chapter is the final chapter of the book of Isaiah. If we view Isaiah as a "mini Bible," then this chapter just like the final book of the Bible, Revelation. This is especially because the last verse says:
"Then they will go out and look at the corpses of the people who have rebelled against Me. For their worm will not die and their fire will not be quenched; and they will be an abhorrence to all mankind." (Isaiah 66:24, NASB 2020)
This refers to all who rebel against the true God the Father. Their final destiny will be eternal punishment in hell: "their worm will not die and their fire will not be quenched."
In this final chapter, God declares that the world will come to an end and that He will judge all people. He also reminds us that all things in heaven and on earth were made by His hand. He is so rich that even if those who love Him wish to build a temple for Him as an expression of gratitude, no temple could ever contain Him. This shows that God acts independently. Although we who love Him often say that we want to work for Him, no matter how much we give, we cannot add anything to Him. Through these verses, God quietly reveals that these are not what He truly desires.
God's infinite power created the entire universe, yet this is not what brings Him the greatest delight. What truly pleases Him is "the one who is humble and contrite in spirit, and who trembles at My word." True love for God is not shown by building grand temples for worship. What He truly desires is to create people who are after
His own heart.
This shows that if we do not study the Bible carefully, we may end up serving God according to our own feelings, thinking that we are showing our service for Him. Yet even the most carefully planned service may not be what He delights in. Even, such self-centered service may become sick to Him:
"But whoever kills an ox is like one who kills a person; whoever sacrifices a lamb is like one who breaks a dog's neck; whoever offers a grain offering is like one who offers pig's blood; whoever burns frankincense is like one who blesses an idol. As they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations." (Isaiah 66:3, NASB 2020)
Even today, we sometimes see workers in ministry who appear very serious, yet they neither study the Bible nor follow the principles that God has clearly revealed in His Word. In God's eyes, such hypocritical service is like killing a person when offering an ox, breaking a dog's neck when sacrificing a lamb, offering pig's blood instead of a grain offering, or praising an idol by burning incense. How could such service ever please God?
I remember when I was still a school teacher. One day, a student came to ask me to raise her grade. I had given her an A on her assignment, but she felt it should have been an A+. I told her, "Your work is good, but I clearly required a certain writing format, and you chose not to follow it. An A is already a good grade." She replied, "But I think my work is excellent. I deserve an A+."
I said, "You have misunderstood the situation. Who is giving the grade—you or me? You may leave now."
She was the top student in the entire school. She always wanted to be first in everything and argued over every point, yet she was often self-righteous, proud, and unwilling to follow the rules.
Among everything God has created, there is only one kind of person whom He especially delights in:
"But to this one I will look: to him who is humble and contrite in spirit, and who trembles at My word." Therefore, as I read this passage today, I should examine myself:
Am I someone who remains humble before God and is willing to repent of my sins? Am I willing to tremble before God's Word and stay spiritually alert at all times? To such people, God gives this promise:
"For this is what the LORD says: 'Behold, I extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; and you will be nursed, you will be carried on the hip and rocked on the knees. Like a mother comforts her son, so I will comfort you; and you will be comforted in Jerusalem.'" (Isaiah 66:12–13, NASB 2020)
By Isaiah Kao
留言