設下永生指路碑、引路柱,回應主的愛(耶31章)
耶和華說:「以法蓮是我的愛子麼?是可喜悅的孩子麼?我每逢責備他、仍深顧念他、所以我的心腸戀慕他、我必要憐憫他。」(耶31:20)
其實神口中的以法蓮,是指著已亡國的北朝以色列國,早已被亞述國擄走,沒有回轉,歷史上也沒有歸回。這位可愛的慈父竟幻想孩子已經回頭。因為真實的情況是:
耶和華如此說、在拉瑪聽見號咷痛哭的聲音、是拉結哭他兒女不肯受安慰、因為他們都不在了。(耶 31:15)
本章從歷史來看,是悲傷的,所以要從新約來看,聽見主對他的羊的愛的呼喚!
耶和華如此說:「你禁止聲音不要哀哭、禁止眼目不要流淚、因你所作之工、必有賞賜.他們必從敵國歸回。」這是耶和華說的。耶和華說:「你末後必有指望、你的兒女必回到自己的境界。」(耶 31:16-17)
這段是針對末後的我們說的,因為歷史是悲劇,但是對我們是應許。
我們要如這裡的回轉,深深地反省,如神的愛子以法蓮,在此的深切悔罪:
我聽見以法蓮為自己悲歎、說:「你責罰我、我便受責罰、像不慣負軛的牛犢一樣、求你使我回轉、我便回轉、因為你是耶和華我的 神。我回轉以後、就真正懊悔、受教以後、就拍腿歎息、我因擔當幼年的凌辱、就抱愧蒙羞。」(耶 31:18-19)
我們當如何行?即使如以色列人一樣曾被世界擄去,當時神要他們為自己設立指路碑、豎起引路柱,不是傻傻地被擄去,沒有在路上作記號,記得回家的路。
以色列民哪、〔民原文作處女〕你當為自己設立指路碑、豎起引路柱、你要留心向大路、就是你所去的原路.你當回轉、回轉到你這些城邑。(耶 31:21)
主曾說:
耶穌說:我就是道路、真理、生命.若不藉着我、沒有人能到父那裏去。」(約 14:6)
主耶穌就是指路碑、引路柱,明確地說,真教會,就是得永生的唯一門路。有真理、有聖靈的真教會,才能使我們重回天父的懷抱。
背道的民哪、〔民原文作女子〕你反來復去要到幾時呢.耶和華在地上造了一件新事、就是女子護衛男子。萬軍之耶和華以色列的 神如此說、我使被擄之人歸回的時候、他們在猶大地和其中的城邑、必再這樣說、公義的居所阿、聖山哪、願耶和華賜福給你。猶大和屬猶大城邑的人、農夫和放羊的人、要一同住在其中。(耶 31:22-24)
這裡神應許要造一件新事,「就是女子護衛男子」。這裡的「護衛」原文作「圍繞」之意,「女子」用的是單數。也就是他們不再拜偶像,將專一敬拜獨一真神。歷史證明在被擄之後,直到主耶穌道成肉身時,以色列人不再拜偶像,只拜天上的耶和華真神,只是還不承認耶穌就是所拜的真神。
今天的指路碑、引路柱,更可以具體說是「聖經真理」、「聖靈」,這兩個結合,我們就不至於於茫茫的世界大海中迷失方向。每天依靠聖靈讀經,就是每天設立指路碑、豎起指路柱的動作。
神給你的指路碑、引路柱,設好了嗎?不要再讓愛我的主,失望了!好嗎?
by Isaiah Kao
Set Up Roadmarks and Guideposts to Eternal Life in Response to the Lord's Love (Jeremiah 31)
July 28, 2026
"Is Ephraim My dear son? Is he a delightful child? Indeed, as often as I have spoken against him, I certainly still remember him; therefore My heart yearns for him. I will certainly have mercy on him," declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:20, NASB 2020)
In fact, the Ephraim mentioned by God refers to the northern kingdom of Israel, which had already fallen and been taken into exile by Assyria. Historically, they never repented or returned. Yet this loving Heavenly Father speaks as though His child has already come home.
The reality was this:
This is what the LORD says: "A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and bitter weeping. Rachel is weeping for her children; she refuses to be comforted for her children, because they are no more." (Jeremiah 31:15, NASB 2020)
From a historical perspective, this chapter is filled with sorrow. Therefore, we should read it through the New Testament and hear the loving call of the Lord, the Shepherd, to His sheep!
This is what the LORD says: "Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears; for your work will be rewarded," declares the LORD, "and they will return from the land of the enemy. There is hope for your future," declares the LORD, "and your children will return to their own territory." (Jeremiah 31:16–17, NASB 2020)
These words are spoken to us who live in the last days. History tells a tragic story, but for us they are a promise.
Like Ephraim, God's beloved son, we should turn back to Him with deep self-examination and sincere repentance:
"I have certainly heard Ephraim grieving, 'You have disciplined me, and I accepted the discipline like an untrained calf; bring me back that I may be restored, for You are the LORD my God. For after I turned back, I repented; and after I was instructed, I slapped my thigh. I was ashamed and also humiliated because I bore the disgrace of my youth.'" (Jeremiah 31:18–19, NASB 2020)
How, then, should we respond? Even if we have once been taken captive by the world, just as the Israelites were, God told them to set up roadmarks and guideposts for themselves. They were not to go into exile aimlessly without leaving any markers along the way. Instead, they were to remember the road home.
"Set up for yourself roadmarks, place for yourself guideposts; direct your mind to the highway, the way by which you went. Return, virgin of Israel, return to these your cities." (Jeremiah 31:21, NASB 2020)
The Lord Jesus said:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6, NASB 2020)
The Lord Jesus Himself is our roadmarks and guidepost. More specifically, the True Church is the only way that leads to eternal life. Only the True Church, which possesses the truth and the Holy Spirit, can bring us back into our Heavenly Father's embrace.
"How long will you waver, you rebellious daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: A woman will encompass a man." Thus says the LORD of armies, the God of Israel, "Once I restore their fortunes, they will once again speak this word in the land of Judah and in its cities: 'May the LORD bless you, O abode of righteousness, O holy hill!' Judah and all its cities will dwell together there, the farmers and those who travel with flocks." (Jeremiah 31:22–24, NASB 2020)
Here God promises to create "a new thing"—"a woman will encompass a man." The original Hebrew word translated "encompass" means "to surround," and "woman" is singular. This signifies that God's people would no longer worship idols but would devote themselves wholeheartedly to worshiping the one true God. History confirms that after the exile, until the time when the Lord Jesus became flesh, the Israelites no longer worshiped idols. They worshiped only the LORD, the God of heaven, although they still did not recognize that Jesus was the True God whom they worshiped.
Today, our roadmarks and guideposts can be understood more specifically as the truth of the Bible and the Holy Spirit. When these two work together, we will not lose our direction in the vast ocean of this world.
Reading the Bible daily while relying on the Holy Spirit is, in itself, the daily act of setting up roadmarks and erecting guideposts.
Have you already set up the roadmarks and guideposts that God has given you?Do not let the Lord who loves you be disappointed any longer. All right ?
by Isaiah Kao
留言